Rather than command and control centers, Edgility builds Smart Operations Centers that orchestrate operational outcomes while reducing administrative friction for care teams and patients. Based on the principles of systems engineering and design-thinking, Edgility deconstructs the drivers for the Smart Operations centers.
The primary drivers include:
- Patients: coordinated care that coalesces around their needs
- Care Teams: (Physicians, Nurses, and others) decrease fatigue, orchestrate for me, decant low-value work from high-value assets.
- CNO and CMO: drive quality, reduce clinical variation
- CFO: maximize investments, increase access
- CEO - create systemness
Edgility's Smart Operations Centers pair contemporary technologies with an operating model. The goal is to empower the “Edge” by orchestrating complexity and reducing friction by ensuring the right resources are doing the right thing at the right time.
- orchestrates outcomes
- decants low-value work from high-value assets
- maximizes existing investments
- reduces administrative friction
- generates value
Edgility partners with health systems to identify, highlight, codify the drivers, to lift systems beyond standalone service line-specific command centers to Smart Operations Centers.
These design intents change with time and Edgility designs a system that accommodates for change. Edgility's Smart Operations Center takes into account the evolution of workforce and technology.
The command center maturity model helps health systems move past traditional "measure and monitor" functions to create systemness.